CNFC is involved in the Butte County community in many ways:
- Chefs Move to Schools. The Co-op Kitchen is in the classroom! Co-op cooks and educators have partnered with Hooker Oak Elementary School's Garden Education Program to teach kids about how delicious eating healthy can be. Students are given age-appropriate instruction on how to prepare different items made with local ingredients.
- Free Cooking Demos at The Galley. Once a month our Co-op Kitchen team choose a recipe and give a free demo on how to cook using sustainable and local foods, as well as basic cooking techniques. Hosted at The Galley in Chico
- Bag Token Program. Every three months, the Co-op makes a significant donation to two non-profit community organizations. Our shoppers decide how those funds are allocated by voting with our Bag Tokens. Shoppers receive tokens by bringing their own shopping bags to the store. We reward environment consciousness with charity!
- Donations. CNFC provides food and drink sponsorship to numerous local organizations and events. We want to make sure that everyone has access to the most sustainable, healthy, and delicious food possible!
- Co-op Artist Series. Every year we hire a local artist to design a Co-op t-shirt!