WHAT IS THE ROUND UP PROGRAM?
For more than 40 years, the Chico Natural Foods Cooperative has been giving back to our community. In 2017 we introduced Register Round Up: a new way for customers to participate in this commitment. This simple yet powerful community giving program allows customers to “round-up” their grocery bill for recipient organizations that share our commitment to a healthy community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our Front End clerks at the Co-op ask shoppers if they would like to round each transaction up to the next even dollar. The difference between the original purchase and the rounded up amount is donated to our partner organization. For example, if a purchase is $9.75, a Co-op clerk would ask the customer if they wanted to round up to $10.00. The remaining $0.25 would be donated to the partner organization. These small donations can add up to a major donation over the course of a year!
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THE PROGRAM?
Priority will be given to organizations that:
• Are based in the communities served by the Chico Natural Foods Co-op.
• Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities.
• Use this funding for work related to food justice.
• Use this funding for specific projects rather than general operating costs.
• Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion.
• Are registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
The Round Up recipient application has two parts: . Part I includes written information that may be mailed, emailed or delivered in-person. Part II is an online form. All applicants must submit BOTH the written submission (Part I) AND the on-line form (Part II) in order to be considered. Applicants may include certification of nonprofit status and no more than one piece of supplemental information (brochure, flier, annual report, etc.) along with written materials (Part II).
Narrative: Please provide a separate narrative (no more than two pages) including the following:
• Information about your organization and its mission.
• Specific information about how the Round Up funds will be used.
Supporting Materials: Please include your 501(c)(3) certification, if applicable. Applicants may also include no more than one piece of supplemental information (brochure, flier, annual report, etc.) with the written materials.
Submit the above information in-store or via email to our Ownership and Outreach Coordinator, Joey Haney, at email@example.com.
Recipient Application Cover Sheet (Part II)
Is your organization a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit? If so, please include certification with submission of application.:
The following things are required of all our Round up recipients:
- 100-200 postcards or fliers with information about your organization and how Round Up funds will be used.
- 2-3 high-resolution photos representing your work
- One half-hour information session with our Outreach Coordinator and Front End supervisors in the month prior to your Round Up month
Two 3-hour shifts tabling at our store during your Round Up month.