The Co-op Board of Directors Election is in full swing here at the co-op. Participating in our B.O.D. election empowers our community to have a say directly in the governance of our community-owned grocery store. We have six candidates running for three seats. Please refer to the 2016 candidate guide to learn more about the candidates. You can find the candidate guide in the store or on our website. Voting takes place at Chico Natural Foods Cooperative from 7:30 AM – 10:00 PM by paper ballot. Voting ends Nov. 11th and winners will be announced Nov. 18th. Happy Voting!
Be sure to read the 2016 Candidate Guide
How to Join the Board
General Election Information
Each year, the Co-op holds BOD Elections for 3-year-long rotating terms. This year, the Board Election will take place from October 17th - November 11th. Applications to run for the board were due September 30th. Winners will be announced on November 18th. Elections are conducted by a BOD-appointed Elections Committee that works in partnership with the Marketing & Membership Department of the Co-op.
Candidates must be CNFC member-owners for 6 months prior to the election and be in good standing.
Board members should be able to make a commitment of 10 hours per month for Board service.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEMBER OF THE BOD:
- Prepare for and attend all monthly meetings.
- Board meetings are the last Wednesday of every month from 6:00-8:30pm.
- Committee meetings are 1-2 times a month for 1.4-2.5 hours. Directors are required to participate on a minimum of one committee.
- Additional working meetings may be required.
- Attend BOD trainings (up to 3 days a year).
- Be familiar with the by-laws, policies, and financial statements.
- Establish objectives and policies for CNFC’s future.
- Supervise the General Manager.
- Oversee fiduciary matters.
- Maintain communication with Member– Owners.
- Communicate promptly with other Board members.
For more information, contact the Board at email@example.com
Download the Candidate Manual here.