The Co-op Board of Directors Election changing a bit this year at the Co-op. We will be having our next election in Spring of 2018. Please look below for important dates about the election.
How to Join the Board
General Election Information
Each year, the Co-op holds BOD Elections for 3-year-long rotating terms. This year, the Board Election will take place from on April 13th - April 27th. Applications to run for the board are due February 16th, 2017. Winners will be announced on April 30th, 2018. Elections are conducted by a BOD-appointed Elections Committee that works in partnership with the Marketing & Ownership Department of the Co-op.
Candidates must be CNFC member-owners for 6 months prior to the election and be in good standing.
Board members should be able to make a commitment of 10 hours per month for Board service.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEMBER OF THE BOD:
- Prepare for and attend all monthly meetings.
- Board meetings are the last Wednesday of every month from 5:30-8:30pm.
- Committee meetings are 1-2 times a month for 1.4-2.5 hours. Directors are required to participate on a minimum of one committee.
- Additional working meetings may be required.
- Attend BOD trainings (up to 3 days a year).
- Be familiar with the by-laws, policies, and financial statements.
- Establish objectives and policies for CNFC’s future.
- Supervise the General Manager.
- Oversee fiduciary matters.
- Maintain communication with Member– Owners.
- Communicate promptly with other Board members.
For more information, contact the Board at email@example.com
Download the Board Roles and Responsibilities here.