The Board of Directors is an elected body responsible for overseeing CNFC on behalf of its member-owners. The board engages with members at the level of community. The directors define our mission, values, and role within the community at large and are responsible for the co-op’s actions and for ensuring that the business is managed in a sound fashion.
Board meetings take place the last Wednesday of every month at 5:30 pm in CNFC Administrative Offices located at 829 Main Street.
Our BOD has three primary goals:
- Act as trustees on behalf of the members. Directors do this by carefully monitoring the co-op’s financial status, regularly reporting on the status of the co-op to members, and ensuring that the co-op follows its bylaws, policies, and appropriate regulations.
- Ensure sound management of the co-op. Directors are responsible for hiring and supervising the co-op’s management. Supervising the General Manager involves reviewing management reports, monitoring key indicators (inventory turnover, sales trends, other financial ratios) and evaluating the General Manager’s performance.
- Set long-range goals and ensure planning for the co-op’s future. Directors do this by discussing strategic planning, approving yearly and long-range plans, and setting performance goals.
Responsibilities of a Member of the BOD:
- Prepare for and attend all monthly meetings.
- BOD meetings are the last Wednesday of every month from 5:30-8:30pm.
- Committee meetings are 1-2 times a month for 1.4-2.5 hours. Directors are required to participate on a minimum of one committee.
- Additional working meetings may be required.
- Attend BOD trainings (up to 3 days a year).
- Be familiar with the by-laws, policies, and financial statements.
- Establish objectives and policies for CNFC’s future.
- Supervise the General Manager.
- Oversee fiduciary matters.
- Maintain communication with Member– Owners.
- Communicate promptly with other Board members.
GET IN CONTACT!
There are several ways to talk to and meet your Board of Directors:
1) Write us using the form below, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Attend a Board Meeting! All meetings are held the last Wednesday of each month in the Co-op's Administrative Offices, located at 829 Main Street Street, from 5:30-8:30 pm.
3) Find us at Co-op events. We do our best to attend all CNFC’s in-store events as well as be present at many community events.